Top 5 Ways to Inspire Yourself and Those Around You
Inspiration can be a beautiful thing. It can take you from the depths of sadness to the joyfulness that hope brings to the soul. With that in mind, we wanted to share some tried and tested ways to inspire not only yourself, but those around you. By consciously choosing to inspire others, you can have a great effect on your community.
- Self-Improvement: People often try to change others before changing themselves. This can be a mistake, as the first step towards change must be with yourself. Therefore, if you want someone to start doing something, set an example and start doing it yourself! Your actions will definitely rub off on those around you.
- Listen: It's hard to inspire others when you aren't listening to what they're saying. Be sure to listen to what people are telling you if you want to help them in any way. In fact, sometimes listening alone can be a huge help to people. Most of the time people just want a sympathetic ear, someone that will listen to what they're going through. A kind word of encouragement can inspire others to take control of the problems in their lives.
- Share Knowledge: A great way to inspire others is to share knowledge with them. As the old saying goes, knowledge truly is power, and when you increase someones knowledge you are definitely giving them inspiration and tools to improve their lives. Great leaders know this, and consistently share their powerful insights with those that listen.
- Compliments: Remarking on how great someone is doing or how talented they are in a certain area is a great way to inspire them to reach their potential. Many people have issues with self-confidence and that in itself can hold them back from doing the great things they are capable of accomplishing. By reminding someone how great they really are, you can empower and inspire them to reach their dreams
- Positive Energy: Nothing is more powerful than bringing positive energy into a room. Energy can change the dynamics of any situation! By bringing a smile and a positive attitude with you, you can inspire other people to be happy and positive too. Once they assume this attitude, they will be more likely to succeed and do well at whatever they are interested in.
So in conclusion, there are many ways to inspire the people around you. Set a good example and bring positivity into any situation. Keep increasing your knowledge and share helpful information that could inspire other people to improve their lives. Encourage others by believing in them and pointing out their gifts and strengths. It's amazing how much of an effect this can have on the lives of other people.
And of course, pay attention to the needs and concerns of those around you so they know that someone cares about them. If you do all of the above, you will DEFINITELY make a difference and inspire many many people. Enjoy making a difference in your community and go inspire someone today!
Posted on May 16 2015 by Jennifer McKay Newton