7 Facts About Disney Princess Ariel
This week marks the 30th anniversary of The Little Mermaid’s world premiere! For the past three decades Ariel’s story has lived on, becoming the beloved princess we know today. You may be a Little Mermaid fan but how much do you *really* know about Ariel? Here are seven facts about this Disney Princess that may surprise you…
- Ariel’s swirling underwater locks were inspired by space footage of astronaut Sally Ride.
- Princess Ariel is the fourth Disney Princess and was the first princess introduced by Disney in over thirty years! Before Ariel, Disney introduced Aurora in 1959.
- Ariel was almost a blonde. Red was decided upon because it is a complementary color to green (the color of her fin) and red stands out. We think her hair color also matches her sassy personality.
- Ariel has six sisters.
- The color of Ariel’s green-blue fin was specially created for her. The hue is also named Ariel.
- “Part of Your World” almost didn’t make the movie! We’re so glad that it did. Can you imagine a world without that song?
- In the original movie (not to be confused with the prequel or sequel) Ariel is sixteen years old.
How did you do?
Our latest fragrance was inspired by this adventurous princess and we can’t wait to share it with the world! Preorders are now live for Ariel Disney Princess Parfum and shipping begins 11/25. Make sure to reserve a bottle for all the Disney fans (or yourself) on your holiday shopping list!